I looked up the definition of passions for this post.
– A strong liking or desire for or devotion to some activity, object or concept
– An object of desire or deep interest
– A strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm or desire for anything
Going with those, I picked out what I think are my top 5 passions. These are not in any order.
1. Learning. I love to read about things, everything, anything. I want to learn, I want to know about all of it.
2. Humor. I love to laugh and can’t imagine a life in which I can’t/don’t laugh. I like to tease. It might be something I learned to do in a large family. I like to bring smiles to other people and love to hear a good belly laugh, especially if I made it happen.
3. Counsel/Advise. I like to be able to counsel and advise others. Once again, probably comes from being in a large family and me being the oldest. Some of my siblings put their guard up if they hear anything that sounds like advice from me, others don’t. I don’t assume I know everything but I do know a shitload about some things.
4. To Be Outdoors. I love it!! It can change my mood for the day. The fresh air, the rain, the sunshine, the clouds, the snow, the wind, the cold. Bring it on, I love it all!
5. Love. To love and be loved by one person.
None of these define me but they are a part of my definition.